Pages

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Twine Wrapped JOY

When I was a kid one of my favorite things to pull out of the Christmas decoration box was a figurine that said "JOY" in candy cane striped letters. It had a little elf that peeked out through the center of the "O". A happy little decoration and it cemented the word "JOY in my brain as part of the holidays. That said, when I saw the tutorial at  Sense & Simplicity  for these really cute twine wrapped letters, I wanted some of my own!




So I cut some letters out of my trusty corrugated plastic sheets, fired up the DVR and the glue gun and went to work. I didn't follow the tutorial exactly but you get the idea right?? I threaded mine on another piece of twine and added them to the mantel decor. Not sure they will stay there or if they'll get a new home somewhere else!







2 comments:

  1. Way to go! You even tackled a "J" with a bar along the top - it looked tricky so I avoided it. Aren't they the most satisfying craft to do. I love how you threaded yours on a piece of twine to hang them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU for the super nice comment you left about my PB Inspired Numbers Canvas! I really appreciate it!
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE these twine wrapped letters! So cute! I am a sucker for texture...I may have to do this at some point!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for letting me know what you think! I really do appreciate every comment and will do my best to respond to any question you may have!