Pages

Friday, December 17, 2010

Holiday Teacher Gift

I would like to share with you that I don't like giving teacher gifts. Oh, I think they deserve them and if I were a teacher I'd love to get them! I just hate the dilemma of choosing a gift for someone I don't know all that well. And then, did I spend enough?? So yeah, a bit of stress. I think I got turned off last year because I though I picked a nice gift, mini poinsettias Just a nice little thought for the teachers of Sweet Pea's two day a week preschool. Well, we showed up with our cute little flowers and two minutes later another mom walked in with HUGE poinsettias. Made ours look silly and cheap. Great huh?? I know it's all about the thought that counts but you know you just feel silly.

So this year it's year two with the same teachers. We all know each other well enough now that they are aware of my constant cooking & crafting and such. So, that's the route we went. I wanted Sweet Pea to help with the gifts so this is what we came up with.




One Dollar Store Canister filled with Homemade Hot Cocoa Mix. (1 8qrt box powdered milk, one tub Nesquick, 2 cups non dairy creamer, 2 cups powdered sugar. Stir and put 1/3 cup in 8oz hot water for hot cocoa)

One bag of homemade Peppermint Marshmallows. Many thanks to Little Birdie Secrets for a great recipe and tutorial on how to make them.  The kids had fun helping with these.

One Christmas Mouse. Got this idea from Oopsey Daisy . Go visit her. She is doing a great book advent with kids crafts to go along each day. My kids made these for their holiday tea party (post coming soon) and they make a cut addition to a gift.

A set of recipes. Four of my favorites. Two items that I have brought for parties at the school. The cards are a free printable from West Elm. I wanted to include a few more but was really sick of hand writing them.


and one handmade card by Sweet Pea!

We dropped these off this morning. Sweet Pea was quite pleased to be giving a gift she helped with. Had to laugh when another boy handed the teach his gift of chocolate and said "dont eat them all at once or you'll get chunky!" Anyway, hope you come up with something fabulous this year to give to the special people in your life. 


PS.  The tags on the cocoa and marshmallows are another free printable. This time from Paper and Cake. She used them as part of a layered hot cocoa jar gift!





2 comments:

  1. Great ideas! I love the little mouse. We made some like that a couple days ago...but just for home.

    When they start into grade school letters to the principal are a hit. Firecracker's teacher LOVED the letter we sent to the principal about her (a good letter of course). We included a copy of it with her card as well as a few other things...mug, cookies, homemade handwarmers...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet gift. My daughter is a teacher and she loves each of her gifts...no matter what they are...it's the thought that counts:) Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for letting me know what you think! I really do appreciate every comment and will do my best to respond to any question you may have!