Pages

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Bad Day Better Cookies

Somedays you just need cookies. Chocolate ones. Yesterday was one of those days. My patience level as a mommy was down to zero and I got in a big fight with my sewing machine. (It's still not working right). So yeah, in order to repair my relationship with Sweet Pea we made cookies. Our favorite cookies. The only ones mommy seems to make with out burning. The stay soft for over a week in the cookie jar cookies. Make a bad day better cookies. Dip them in your milk cookies.

And really, these cookies were like magic. The rest of our night was quite lovely.




Ingredients

  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 1 1/2 cups white sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2/3 cup cocoa powder
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. In large bowl, beat butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt; stir into the butter mixture until well blended. Mix in the chocolate chips and walnuts. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
  3. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or just until set. Cool slightly on the cookie sheets before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.





3 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the low patience thing and guess what? I'm making COOKIES today. Haha. Bringing them to a house warming party though. Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny. I made oatmeal raisin cookies yesterday for no good reason. We never do that. Had to give them all away so we wouldn't eat them. With Joy, Carey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok - I just bookmarked this recipe!! Boy do I need these today - Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for letting me know what you think! I really do appreciate every comment and will do my best to respond to any question you may have!